Upcoming Events

Acoustic Tuesdays

Acoustic Tuesdays – 1st Tuesday of the month

  • 2018-06-05
  • 19:30:00

Our next artist will be the superb Nick Parker Glastonbury based Nick Parker started gigging in his early teens playing mandolin and singing in folk/rock/skiffle band ‘Why?’, and spent the next 10 years bouncing around on stages at hundreds of venues and festivals around the UK and Europe. In 1998…

Guest Chef Nights

To complement our superb flavour packed a la carte menu, during 2018 your hosts Simon and Norma will draw on many years working at the top of the hospitality industry and their love of international cuisine. Simon has lined up a series of guest chefs who will bring a taste of fine dining to Chawton.

18th of August An evening with Tom Haste & Benjamin de Vos

  • 2018-08-18
  • 19:00:00

Our next Guest Chef event on Saturday, 18th August, to help raise funds for the National Kidney Federation (NKF). CLICK for Menu Renowned chef Tom Haste will be the next Guest Chef, as part of a series of special fundraisers for the NKF.  Tom’s two decades of experience includes working for…

July 21st Introducing Josh Thomas

  • 2018-07-21
  • 20:00:00

Josh Thomas was born in the back streets of Bridgend, a little known third world area of Wales. Battling hardships throughout his childhood, he overcame his upbringing in such a troubled area to make a career in the bright lights of Cardiff. Training under renowned chefs such as Dan Rees,…

21st of June with Lawrence Keogh

  • 2018-06-21
  • 19:30:00

We are delighted to announce that our next guest chef will be Lawrence Keogh As well as putting together a fantastic menu we will also be raising money for The National Kidney Federation, a cause very close to Lawrence’s heart, expect some fantastic foodie prizes An accomplished Head Chef who…

19th of May 2018 with Charlie Palmer

  • 2018-05-19
  • 19:30:00

“I’m a local young chef lad that has been presented with this fantastic opportunity to showcase how I think food should taste and look. I have been inspired by Michel Roux senior and my old head Samuel may. I’ve cooked for all walks of life from the queen to homeless…

St David’s Day at The Greyfriar

  • 2018-03-01
  • 18:00:00

On 1st March our executive chef, Dan Rees will create a special menu to celebrate the cuisine of his homeland of Wales on St David’s Day. Dan will source the finest ingredients for our guests to enjoy. Expect to see cockles and lavabread, Carmarthen ham, and some Welsh black beef.

19th of April with Fernando Stovell – SOLD OUT

  • 2018-04-19
  • 19:30:00

Talented chef patron Fernando Stovell owns the award winning Stovell’s in Chobham Fernando came to the UK from Mexico and studied catering at Westminster College. He went on to work in acclaimed kitchens from the two Michelin Star The Capital to the private members Cuckoo and Wellington Clubs. At Stovell’s,…

19th February 2018 with Bradley Walford – SOLD OUT

  • 2018-02-19
  • 18:00:00

Bradley began his career working with Gary Rhodes. Following this Bradley worked at Dinner with Heston Blumenthal before joining head chef Ashley Palmer-Watts’ team at The Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park. In 2012 Bradley moved over to Launceston Place working alongside head chef Tim Allen. After three and a half years,…

Spanish nights at The Greyfriar

Simon’s wife Norma is from Galicia in north west Spain. Norma’s love of Galician tapas, seafood, fine Spanish beer and wine is the inspiration behind our series of Spanish themed nights throughout 2018.

Sunday Lunch at The Greyfriar

The most important meal of the week, when family and friends have time to sit down and enjoy each other’s company over a delicious Sunday roast. The three-course Greyfriar Sunday lunch offers a choice of roast beef, lamb or chicken, along with vegetarian options. Joining us for Sunday lunch means you can enjoy your day of rest while we do all the hard work.

Book your table now

Quiz night at The Greyfriar

Our ‘Sunday Quiz’ night is a fun way to sharpen up the grey matter before embarking on the working week. The questions are professionally set so our quiz will challenge avid pub quizzers as well as teams looking for a fun night out.

The entry fee is £2.00 per head and the winning team takes away 75% of the proceeds. The other 25% goes into a rolling jackpot, which will form the bumper prize for our final quiz night of 2018 in December. Bar snacks are served from 5pm to 9pm and the quiz starts promptly at 8pm.